consumer guidance. we do not sell jewelry.

View New Content      Forum Rules                            New here? Quick site intro

"Hearts Afire" vs. "Hearts & Arrows"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2002 - 10:28 AM

I have been told by a local jeweler that "Hearts Afire" diamonds are a distinct brand of "000" cut diamonds, and that "Hearts & Arrows" is a copy of that, which has warrented a lawsuit against the jeweler using the latter term. What is the truth? Thanks! Nancy Paine {npaine@aol.com}

#2 scott0

scott0

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 April 2002 - 04:00 AM

I'm in the business and all these name brands confuse me! There are so many differrent brands, but most (not all) are cut to AGS 0 & 1 standards. The one rule of thumb is, regardless of brand name, compare the AGS certificates.

Good Luck.

#3 jan

jan

Ideal Diamond

• A-List Jeweler
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 08 April 2002 - 02:12 AM

Hearts on Fire is a branded hearts and arrows diamond. I do believe that their is a law suit pending against another brand name diamond Hearts for Eternity, but nothing on an unbranded hearts and arrows.

It is possible to get an unbranded hearts and arrows diamond for less that may perform as well or better than a branded diamond that you will pay a premium on.

Jan
Jan
For those that want to know the truth about diamonds, just ask.

dbof.com

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2002 - 05:56 PM

Hi Nancy.

I assume your local jeweler meant to say "Hearts on Fire" rather than "Hearts Afire".

Your jeweler friend was correct in saying that Hearts on Fire are a brand of AGS 000 diamonds. However, hearts and arrows diamonds are not copied from Hearts on Fire. In fact, hearts and arrows diamonds predate the Hearts on Fire brand by eight years.

Hearts and arrows diamonds originated in Japan in the 1988 as an attempt to duplicate the precision of cut found in EightStar diamonds, which were developed in Japan in 1985. Several Japanese brands of hearts and arrows diamonds predate Hearts on Fire. If you are interested, here is the website of the very first hearts and arrows diamond cutter (in Japanese).

www.heart-and-arrow.co.jp

Glenn Rothman, the CEO of Hearts on Fire, viewed some Japanese hearts and arrows diamonds while in Antwerp in the mid ninties and decided to try marketing his own branded hearts and arrows diamonds to the American consumer. These are Hearts on Fire.