consumer guidance. we do not sell jewelry.

View New Content      Forum Rules                            New here? Quick site intro

diamond accent

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_rdhul_*

Guest_rdhul_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2006 - 09:14 AM

what exactly does it mean when jewelry is advertised not as having diamonds but "diamond accent" earrings, necklaces, etc?

#2 ben

ben

Cut Diamond

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Physics, gemology, finance, musings.

Posted 15 February 2006 - 09:26 AM

It means you need to read the fine print :-)

Seriously, there is no specific meaning. It can mean it contains diamond dust or very small diamonds (which are worth very little) or it can mean just about anything else. I would ask, and get any representations in writing if you're spending a chunk of money on the piece. If a significant/big chunk, then an appraisal is in order.
"Fish and Visitors stink after three days"

#3 denverappraiser

denverappraiser

Ideal Diamond

• A-List Appraiser
  • 7,082 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 10:20 AM

I'm reminded of an advertisement back in the 80's for quartz crystals being sold for their mystical healing properties and that they had their energy 'charged by the great pyramid'. I couldn't resist and I called up the distributor and asked them what the heck that meant. After great hooplah they agreed that 'charged' means the same as 'shared a planet with'.

Neil
Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA

There's never a crowd when you go that extra mile.
Professional Appraisals in Denver

#4 Jay Gatsby

Jay Gatsby

Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 10:33 AM

I'm reminded of an advertisement back in the 80's for quartz crystals being sold for their mystical healing properties and that they had their energy 'charged by the great pyramid'. I couldn't resist and I called up the distributor and asked them what the heck that meant. After great hooplah they agreed that 'charged' means the same as 'shared a planet with'.

Neil

Now that's funny. I never understood the whole quartz crystal mystical crap that was all the rage in a decade or so ago. Unless you like wearing a quartz crystal because it's pretty, merely doing so spells gullible in my mind...

#5 10X

10X

Ruby

• A-List Jeweler
  • 147 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 01:52 PM

Neil

Neil, this post really made me laugh. I started my career in the mineral business and you would be surprised (or not) how these ideologies are still prevalent today. Or maybe it is the whole cyclical phenomenon. I have been seeing a lot of popped collars lately. :)
Megan, GG, AJP
www.diamondideals.com

866-433-2570
212-207-4845